Classic Cycling Videos for Indoor Training
If you set your turbo trainer up in front of a laptop, computer or iPad then you can enjoy some classic cycling races on YouTube that are perfect bike training videos for turbo training workouts during the winter months or in bad weather.
Turbo training workouts are a great way to keep the legs spinning over winter or in bad weather, but after a couple of sessions it can get a tad boring.
Our hand picked selection of bike training videos for turbo training workouts will keep you ticking over nicely. Stick these spins in between your more structured training workouts and you will find yourself in surprisingly good form when you get back on the open roads.
We’ll be releasing our tips for classic bike training videos one by one, so check back for the latest classic cycling video to keep you legs spinning.
Bike Training Videos Tip 1: “A Sunday in Hell”
- Video: A Sunday in Hell
- Race: Paris-Roubaix 1976
- Starring: Eddy Merckx
- Length: 92 minutes
- Workout: 2 x 45 minute sessions with big effort intervals on “Merckx”
Bike Training Videos Tip 2: “Road to Paris”
- Video: Road to Paris
- Race: Winter recon in the Alps, Circuit de la Sarthe, Gent–Wevelgem, Paris–Roubaix and the Amstel Gold Race
- Starring: Lance Armstrong
- Length: 52 minutes
- Workout: 1 x 50 minute session with big effort 2 minute intervals after every mention of George Hincapie, Christian Vande Velde or Tyler Hamilton
Bike Training Videos Tip 3: “Stars and Watercarriers”
- Video: Stars and Watercarriers
- Race: The 1973 Giro d’Italia as told by the legendary film maker Jørgen Leth
- Starring: Ole Ritter and Eddy Merckx
- Length: 87 minutes
- Workout: 2 x 45 minute sessions focussing on isolated leg training and high cadence cycling
Bike Training Videos Tip 4: “Cav – Human Missile”
- Video: Mark Cavendish – Human Missile
- Race: 2010 Tour de France
- Starring: Mark Cavendish
- Length: 55 minutes
- Workout: 2 x 60 minute sessions focussing on Zone 2 Endurance and smooth pedal strokes respectively
Like SwissRetreat on Facebook so you don’t miss the next classic cycling video in SwissRetreat’s “Bike Training Videos for Turbo Training Workouts” series.
Cycling Training Plan
If you are training for a sportive or looking to follow a structured cycling training plan to get fit then download our free 12 week training schedule and training guide.
✓ 12 week cycling training plan
✓ Quick start guide to get you riding today
✓ Follow the set training schedule or personalise your plan
Our free download is more than just a training plan. The accompanying 30 page PDF includes Pro Cycling Academy tips to help you develop your cycling skills:
✓ Climbing cadence
✓ Nutrition and hydration
✓ Cross training and recovery
✓ Bike set up and race day preparation
✓ Group riding and a sportive tactical survival guide
Fill in the form below to get the plan or check out further information on our free cycling training plan:
Is The Sportive Training Plan Really Free?